Employment & Labor Law Cases
Souder, Shabazz & Woolridge LLP’s Labor and Employment Practice Group provides a wide variety of workplace strategies, legal counsel, practical advice, consulting and litigation services.
Our firm understands the practical impact of labor and employment issues upon employers, particularly in the public sector, where a myriad of issues must be considered. We have the breadth of experience needed to assist employers in analyzing options, in making decisions and in taking appropriate courses of action best suited to their needs and circumstances.
We provide representation and advise to employers on almost a daily basis regarding compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, including:
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- New Jersey State prevailing wage and hour laws
- Federal Family and Medical Leave Act
- New Jersey Family Leave Act
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- New Jersey Law Against Discrimination
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act
- Public Employees Occupational Safety and Health Act
- New Jersey Civil Service Act
- New Jersey Public Employment Relations Act
Our firm also counsels employers in other areas of labor and employment law, including:
- Compliance issues related to hiring and termination
- Employee manuals and handbooks
- Policies, employment agreements, non-competitive agreements and severance agreements
- Guidance and training for employers and supervisors on various issues, including training on workplace drug testing and sexual and other forms of harassment in the workplace
- Mediation, arbitration, grievance and collective bargaining issues
- Preparation and negotiation of collective bargaining agreements
Souder, Shabazz & Woolridge appears in proceeding before the New Jersey Civil Services Commission, as well as the Public Employment Relations Commission in connection with its public labor and employment practice. This includes challenges to the imposition of major discipline, arbitration, unfair labor practice proceedings and interest arbitration.
In addition to appearing and litigating before State agencies, Souder, Shabazz & Woolridge LLP also litigates matters before both state and federal courts on behalf of various employers, as well as before mediation and arbitration tribunals, including the New Jersey Office of Dispute Resolution and the American Arbitration Association. This gives our Firm a unique perspective on strategies for public and private employers faced with litigation issues, including civil rights defense, discrimination, harassment, breach of contract and wrongful termination. While litigation is a result any employer wishes to avoid, when it is or becomes necessary, our Firm strives to provide thorough, yet cost-effective representation to achieve favorable results. Our firm prides itself on integrating practical advice, consulting and litigation services in a manner best suited to meet the needs of employers.